Note: The following information is from the documentation of the Confrérie de 650.
1) The objective of the Confrérie de 650.
- Create a link of friendship,solidarity and enjoyment amongst all the members of the Confrérie.
- Keep the members of the Confrérie informed of the availability of information and materials for the 650.
- Encourage various manufacturers and suppliers to ensure the lasting development of the 650B and its general availability.
- Contribute to the technical evolution and support of material specific to the practice of cyclo-tourism.
2) The qualities of 650B
- Stronger and more rigid than 700 wheels and lighter.
- Excellent balance between comfort - sturdiness - performance - manoeuvrability - stability
- Increase in comfort whilst maintaining the performance, being able to increase tyre size without having to inflate hard.
- More inherent strength due to installation of heavier tyres rather than the use of smaller sections.
- Better control, especially on descents due to the lower centre of gravity and tyre grip.
- Safer handling with direction change due to the gyroscopic effect of the smaller wheel diameter.
- More aesthetic and attractive with small frames.
3) Protect and conserve the 650B.
- But the menaces weigh on the future of the 650B due to the scarcity of specific material ( tyres, rims, mudguards, etc ..) due to the expansion of the 700C and above all the 26" (VTT).
- All these qualities allow the cycle and also the tandem (off which 80% use 650B), a universal and multifunction use for cyclo-touring under the best conditions using a single machine ( from the short randonnée to the longest independent tour with full baggage, various brevets, cycle camping and off road trekking).
- It is necessity for users of the 650B to get together to ensure that it survives.
- It is therefore to ensure for the future that the Conférie des 650 was formed under the presidency of Henri BOSC.
Return Cyclos-Cyclotes site
Holiday breaks, Randonnees|
Mythical cols and celebrated climbs|
Tour Cyclos'Friends... |
Letter from the Presidents |
Site Plan |
Confrérie 650 |
Tour of Corsica |
Tour of Lot |
Meteo in France